Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A vegan sausage recipe for those recipes that really do miss the real thing.
Make and share this Smoked Pepper and Butter Bean Vegetarian Sausages recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic, cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons pimientos (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1 (410 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini
- 75 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the diced peppers over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pimenton and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the butter beans in a large bowl and mash roughly.
- Add the cooled pepper mixture along with the tahini and white bread crumbs, season well and then combine thoroughly.
- Divide mixture into eight balls and using wet hands, roll each into a sausage measuring about 10cm long.
- Clean the frying pan, pour in 1cm of sunflower oil and place over a moderate heat.
- Add the sausages and cook for 10 minutes, turning often, until heated through and golden brown (you may need to do this in batches).
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with green beans.
These were good. Not really the same as sausage it tasted more like meatloaf but still really nice. I do think it needs an egg substitute though because they don't hold together very well.