Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my sneak comfort food.
- 16 crackers (I use Wheat Thins )
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can smoked oysters, drain, rinse well and dry with paper towels
- 4 slices of deli monterey jack pepper cheese (cut to fit each cracker) or 4 slices swiss cheese (cut to fit each cracker) or 4 slices muenster cheese (cut to fit each cracker)
- horseradish cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- seasoned cream cheese (optional)
- honey mustard (optional)
- Build each cracker base first with an oyster then with a dab of any optional ingredients and top with cheese. I place a metal rack within a small broiler proof dish, keeps the crackers from getting soggy. Place cracker bites on rack.
- Broil till cheese starts to melt - anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Eat immediately, doesn't keep.