Smoked Oysters and Cheddar on Saltines
This is one of my favorite things to have for lunch when eating alone! As my DH hates it, LOL!!! For Oyster Lovers Only! Good appetizer, too!
- Ready In:
- 25 saltine crackers, more if needed
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can smoked oysters, medium or petite, drained on paper towel
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced and cut to fit crackers
- lemon juice (optional)
- Top crackers with cheddar cheese, then place one to two oysters on top.
- Lightly sprinkle with lemon juice, optional.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fabulously flavoursome and SO, so easy to prepare so ideal for occasions when you need to take some food to share as they can be assembled on the spot in a couple of minutes - so that the biscuits are still crisp! :) Oh the joys of canned oysters! I took these to a morning tea at work, and made some with cheddar and some with cream cheese to which I'd added some minced garlic. Garlic fiends just cannot resist adding garlic. ;) Both delicious but the oysters stuck so much better on the cream cheese. I added the optional lemon juice, a great addition. A wonderful blend of flavours! These disappeared SO quickly! Solution: next time I make even more! Thanks so much for this recipe, Wildflour! Made for Ali Baba's Babes for ZWT 5.Reply
see 6 more