Recipe by Belle Vix
this is my mums recipe (sorry mum!), its something we have every Good Friday and Christmas Eve. Its absolutely delicious and ideal to take to a party or to serve as a starter. we usually have it on toast, but it would also go well with crackers, or pitta bread.
Top Review by Rinshinomori
So glad I tried this recipe. It is delicious. I added a clove of garlic as well as smoked paprika and used my food processor to make this pate. I've never had cream cheese spread with fish like this before and now I'm certainly hooked. Thank you Belle Vix for posting this wonderful recipe.
- 2 plain fillets smoked mackerel
- 1 (250 g) container Philadelphia Cream Cheese or 1 soft cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or sour cream to substitute both)
- cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion