Christmas Eve Tortiere (Joan's Pork Pie)
photo by dgaspar
- Ready In:
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Combine pork, onion, garlic, mace, sage, clove, pepper and brown meat.
- Add stock and simmer until most of liquid absorbed.
- Add additional salt and pepper to meat mixture to taste.
- Combine potato and meat mixture and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill pie crust and add second crust to cover. Crimp edges and use any leftover crust for holiday decorations.
- Slit top crust to let out steam.
- Bake 60 minutes at 375 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!