1/1 Photo of Smoked Chicken and Cheddar Buttermilk Waffles
Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner and made easy with baking mix (bisquick). Top with butter and honey or maple syrup, or eat 'em plain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix (or substitute)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup smoked chicken, shredded (used some we smoked after brining 24 hrs in Basic All Purpose Brine for Meats, Chicken, and Turkey)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1Mix Bisquick, buttermilk, egg yolks, salt and sugar with beaters until well mixed.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff.
- 3Fold egg whites into batter.
- 4Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto a preheated belgian waffle iron and top with 2 T smoked chicken and 2 T cheddar (add pecans if using) and bake.
- 5You can hold the baked waffles in a 200* oven while finishing the remainder of the waffles.
- 6Serve with warm maple syrup or honey and butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Chicken and Cheddar Buttermilk Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 604.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: