Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner and made easy with baking mix (bisquick). Top with butter and honey or maple syrup, or eat 'em plain.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix (or substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup smoked chicken, shredded (used some we smoked after brining 24 hrs in Basic All Purpose Brine for Meats, Chicken, and Turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- Mix Bisquick, buttermilk, egg yolks, salt and sugar with beaters until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto a preheated belgian waffle iron and top with 2 T smoked chicken and 2 T cheddar (add pecans if using) and bake.
- You can hold the baked waffles in a 200* oven while finishing the remainder of the waffles.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or honey and butter.
wow thanks i helps alot