3 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef B.'s Note:
This is one of my most requested recipes and can be made vegan, It’s much better as is though. This was inspired by my son when he decided to go vegetarian, for the simple reason that I wanted something that all the family would share This is one even your most carnivores’ friends " like me" will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place whole, peeled carrots onto smoker rack. Smoke 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in a 1 1/2 to 2 gallon soup pot over medium heat. Stir in onions, jalapeno pepper, and garlic, cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Chop carrots, and add to onions along with celery; continue cooking another 5 to 10 minutes until the celery softens.
- 3Stir in turmeric and curry powder until evenly distributed; pour in vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Strain the vegetables out of the soup and puree in a blender until smooth. Pour the puree back into the soup, and continue simmering 30 minutes more.
- 5Whisk butter into soup until melted, then stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer (china cap), before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Carrot Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: