Recipe by tigerlily2
From American Profile Home town cooking......better than any resturant meat balls
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- For the meatballs, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and garlic salt, and knead together in a mixing bowl.
- Shape into about 40 small meatballs.
- Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce.
- For the sauce, mix together the ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, chili powder, and Tabasco to taste in a large saucepan.
- Add the browned meatballs to the sauce.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Check occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Serve hot with your favorite potato dish.