Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Put the potatoes in a pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling the potatoes until they are tender enough to be pierced easily by the tip of a small, sharp knife, 15 -20 minutes depending on their size. Drain the potatoes and let them cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, onion, celery, and salt and pepper to taste. With your hands, coarsely crush the cooled boiled potatoes into the bowl. With a large spoon, stir the crushed potatoes into the mayonnaise mixture. Stir in the parsley. Taste the salad and, if necessary, adjust the seasonings with a little more salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving time.
Potato salad is so easy when you don't have to peel the potatoes! Once I got the salt right, this was great. Didn't have Dijon mustard, so I used stoneground. Much better than storebought!
I loved it! I've never made potato salad with red-skinned potatos before, but it was very tasty. I also threw in a little cooked bacon for fun. Thanks for sharing it!
This was a great recipe that was fast and easy to make. I made two substitutions. I used fat free mayonnaise (to make it healthier) and I used fresh oregano instead of parsely. It was a HUGE hit and got rave reviews at our BBQ party. I sent the recipe home with several people. Thanks for sharing!!