1/4 Photos of Slow Simmered Spaghetti and Meatballs (Crock Pot)
7 hrs 10 mins
This was one of those serendipitous happenings that continue to amaze/amuse me. My DS called me on a Wednesday evening around suppertime to ask if it would be alright to come visit for the weekend, bringing his boys. They would arrive Friday at suppertime. Since I knew that DD and her family would want to be included for dinner to give her more time to visit w/ her brother over the weekend... I suddenly went from "just me" for dinner to "eight" for dinner! What to fix at the last minute like this??? A while later I was reading the paper and came across this recipe in the food section and thought: AH HA! Dinner! I bought the ingredients after work on Thursday and, Friday morning, everything went into the crock pot (I made a double batch). When I got home after work, I made a salad, wrapped bakery Italian bread in foil to heat in the oven, and started the water boiling for the spaghetti. Everyone LOVED it, as I did too, and the leftovers were scarfed up by the grand kids the next day for lunch. Age ranges of diners were 18 months up to ... well, let's just say I'm a grandmother of five! This will definitely be a repeater at my house! (Recipe courtesy of B. Mills & A. Ross of "Desperation Dinners" column in the Raleigh NC News & Observer.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour spaghetti sauce and tomatoes with juice into a slow cooker.
- 2Add chopped onion, garlic, and Italian seasonings; mix well.
- 3Add still-frozen meatballs; stirring to mix well. Make sure meatballs are covered with sauce.
- 4Cover the slow cooker, turn to LOW heat; cook 7-8 hours.
- 5Just before serving, cook spaghetti according to package directions. (This can be done ahead of time, noodles drained and tossed w/ olive oil, and refrigerated. Reheat noodles in the microwave before serving.).
- 6Serve sauce and meatballs over spaghetti. Pass Parmesan cheese at the table.
- 7NOTE: Any style tomato-based (marinara style) spaghetti sauce can be used. The jar sizes may vary from brand to brand but this is okay.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Simmered Spaghetti and Meatballs (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 280.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning