Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 5 -6 lbs boneless pork loin
- 20 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, destemmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Foil line the roasting pan. Place rack in a pan.
- Trim fat from pork loin keeping a thin layer. Cut the loin in half so it would be 1/2 the length. Rinse and dry with paper towels.
- Mix all the oil rub ingredients together.
- Lay fat side down and rub some oil rub on the inside, then arrange the roasted garlic on one half. Top with the other half of loin keeping fat side out.
- Secure with string or silicone bands in 4 spots to hold together.
- Rub remaining seasoned oil over all the roast. Place roast on rack fat side up. Roast uncovered for 10 minute then lower temperature to 250 degrees and roast till internal temperature is 150 to 155. About 3-4 hours. Remove, tent with foil and let rest 20 minutes.
- It will continue to cook. Slice thin.
I'm making this tonight and it smells lovely. I LOVE garlic and this recipe didn't have any weird ingredients that I never have on hand. Thanks for posting :)