Recipe by piscesabitdreamy
Great for a cold rainy day, I originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com added my own tweaks into the original, you can add more spices or even chili peppers if you like, this was the perfect amount of spice for my picky 4 year old.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil and brown turkey on skillet pan.
- 2. In crock pot add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, red and green bell peppers, onion, chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, all spice, salt.
- 3. Add cooked ground turkey, stir.
- 4. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.