Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a low-calorie cookbook
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 15 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey breast, salt, chili flakes, and black pepper. Brown over medium heat until the turkey is cooked through.
- Pour the mixture into a crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Cook for 8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, stirring occasionally.