Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Recieved this in an email; sounds so good and easy; serve over rice or pasta and dinner is done!
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, pineapple with juice, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Arrange 4 of the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour half of the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Place remaining chicken in slow cooker, and pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours.
For ease of making 5 stars but taste wise I personally did not like as the chicken was dry (it was well cooked after 4 1/2 hours and was rather on the dry side and my 3 chicken breasts were big at 330 grams each - this is a problem I have with the modern day crock pots, did not have this happening with my old long gone one) will certainly consider making again for the DM and DS as they thoroughly enjoyed the sweet taste of the dish but would consider using skinless thighs and drumsticks on the bone, thank you AZPARZYCH, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #82 November 2013.
Great tasting chicken!
So Easy & very tasty! I made the recipe for 4 & everyone enjoyed it. I used frozen chicken breasts & did add Sweet red & yellow peppers. Wll be make this often. Thanks for sharing.