Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was given to me by a friend
- 2 lbs coursely ground chuck, browned and drained
- 5 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 ounce frozen mixed vegetables
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine chuck , water, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, beef bouillon and pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 12 hours.
- One hour before serving turn to high make a paste of melted butter and the flour, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into slow cooker and stir well until blended, add salt.
- Continue cooking until thickened.