Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is easy to double or triple for crowds and, if there are any leftovers, can be frozen for later. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- In large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are combined.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture onto each bun.
This wasn't the best sloppy joes I've ever had, but my husband thought it was excellent once I added a few ingredients to off-set the sweetness. The recipe definitely doesn't need the brown sugar. I added onion soup mix, mustard powder and more worchestershire sauce to balance the sweetness. My kids thought it was pretty good.
Oooo, boy, these were great! We all loved them - my husband, my six-year-old son, and me. Not too spicy, not too sweet, and it was so nice to come home to the smell of dinner in the crockpot, ready to eat. I made it just as written, and honestly, I can't think of a thing I'd change. We had the sloppy joes with sweet potato fries, and it made for an easy, tasty dinner. We'll make this again for sure!
These were so yummy! I loved the sweet taste and the relish was different and tasty. I have made lots of sloppy joes but I have never used chili sauce-great idea! I made these as written except I used 2 lbs ground beef and added a little extra chili sauce. I added fresh garlic and green bell pepper in with the celery and onion. Easy and good!