Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Arkansas Democrat Gazette newspaper food editor, Kelly Brant. It is her favorite roast recipe now. She serves the roast beef with the oven roasted vegetables.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix (one envelope)
- 1 ounce dry au jus mix (one envelope)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 5 pepperoncini peppers
Roasted Mixed vegetables ingredients
- 1 lb fingerling potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed (halved or quartered)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Place roast in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with ranch and au jus mixes. Place butter on top.
- Add peppers. Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- For vegetables, heat oven to 450 degrees about 30 minutes before roast is done.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in hot oven, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and deep golden brown, about 30 minutes.