Recipe by Bren in LR
From the Arkansas Democrat Gazette newspaper food editor, Kelly Brant. It is her favorite roast recipe now. She serves the roast beef with the oven roasted vegetables.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix (one envelope)
- 1 ounce dry au jus mix (one envelope)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 5 pepperoncini peppers
Roasted Mixed vegetables ingredients
- 1 lb fingerling potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed (halved or quartered)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with ranch and au jus mixes. Place butter on top.
- Add peppers. Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- For vegetables, heat oven to 450 degrees about 30 minutes before roast is done.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in hot oven, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and deep golden brown, about 30 minutes.