Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe comes from Betty Crocker Easy Slow Cooked Dinners.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, fine chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pearl onions
- Spray 12 inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium - high heat.
- Cook beef in skillet about 5 minutes, turn once till brown.
- Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning and garlic; remove from skillet.
- Place beef, seasoned side up in 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Spread tomatoes and olives over roast.
- Add broth and onions.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours till beef is tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice beef; serve with beef juice and onions from slow cooker.
My family and I love this pot roast. I use Kalamata black olives.