Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from Taste of Home magazine. It's become my classic holiday mashed potato recipe. Everyone loves them! I love that I can make them ahead, instead of trying to mash potatoes, make gravy, and carve turkey or roast all at once! I can make a double batch early in the day, toss them into the crockpot, and by the time dinner is served, the potatoes are ready and waiting! I usually skip the Ranch dressing, since I don't think it would taste good with my gravy. Time doesn't include time to peel, cook, and mash potatoes (usually takes me around 30-40 minutes)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crumbled
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared without milk or butter, use leftover cooking water to mash)
- extra butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and seasonings until smooth. Stir into mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Transfer potatoes to slow cooker. Make an indentation in the middle of the potatoes and place a pat or two of butter in the indentation. Cover and heat on LOW for 2-4 hours. Do not heat for much longer than 4 hours, as it will affect the texture.
These are a family favorite! Thanksgiving and easter must have!
I made these for Christmas dinner...we did add a bit more sour cream but otherwise followed the recipe. They were great and very easy for the buffet type meal we were serving. Thank you
I'm not sure if I'll ever make regular potatoes again! This was so yummy and everyone at the table wanted to know how I made them. Definitely great as well cuz you aren't doing the potatoes at the last minute. Love it love it love it.