Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Basic lasagna made with the ease of a slow cooker. Extra ingredients can be added for your own taste.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place ground beef and onion in skillet and cook until beef is browned. Add the oregano and parsley during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Place about 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add one layer of noodles, breaking to fit.
- Add layers of ground beef mixture, ricotta, motzerella, pasta sauce. Repeat this again starting with another layer of noodles. Reserve some extra motzerella to sprinkle on top of the last layer of sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Very good recipe! My first time making lasagna in the slow cooker. It's cold outside, my oven is broken and I am craving comfort food. This was so easy to make. I used ground turkey instead of beef and used 32 oz of ricotta cheese. 12 oz didn't feel like enough. I cooked mine for about 5 hours but I think I would have been able to stop after 3-4 hours. It got better the next day and I am looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Kris94 for posting. I will be using this recipe many more times.
I think I prefer it in the oven. It just didn't taste right. The texture was off and the taste, although good was a lot different than if I cooked it in the oven. This recipe is good, but like I said, better @ 350 for 45-1hr with regular lasagna noodles.
Lasagna in a crockpot??!!! "This can not be"' I said. Oh but it is and how wonderful it was too. My family loves it and it is wonderful to just throw together the night before and then turn it on in the morning. Thank you for opening my eyes.