Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I like Prego)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend or 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen veggie crumbles (Like Boca, etc)
- In medium bowl, combine marinara sauce and tomatoes with their juice.
- Spray 4.5-6 quart slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1 cup tomato-sauce mixture into bowl.
- Arrange 1/4 of noodles over sauce, overlapping noodles and breaking into large pieces to cover as much sauce as possible.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup sauce over noodles, then top with 1/2 cup ricotta, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread half of spinach over cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times beginning with noodles, but in middle layer, replace spinach with frozen crumbles. Place remaining noodles over spinach, then top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 2.5 to 3 hours or on high 1.5 to 1.75 hours, or until noodles are very tender.
Join The Conversation