This is perfect for a busy wife or husband on the go. Set up the cooker and forget about it. Great for cold nights.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6to 7 inches)
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and veggies are tender; drain.
- Add the next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cheeses.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup of beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup of cheese; repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until heated through.
Best slow cook Enchiladas ever made. I used enchilada sauce in place of the tomatoes and seasoning and still enjoyed it. Will be making again. Thank you.
Delicious and easy! I found this recipe at www.tasteofhome.com. Who knew you could make enchiladas in a quarter of the time. Yummy! Thank you for posting this great recipe.
This was really good! I used corn tortillas instead of the flour and cooked for 4 hours in a crockpot. The tortillas stayed nice and firm. Will definitely make again. Everyone from adult down to 2 liked this.