1/1 Photo of Slow-Cooker Enchiladas
7 hrs 10 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is perfect for a busy wife or husband on the go. Set up the cooker and forget about it. Great for cold nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Rotel)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6to 7 inches)
- 1In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and veggies are tender; drain.
- 2Add the next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Combine the cheeses.
- 4In a 5-quart slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup of beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup of cheese; repeat layers.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.8
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 1278.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 56.9 g