Swiss Steak Supper (Crock Pot)
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
1 crock pot meal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 -8 new potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (from 28-oz can)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good meal for a cool night. Here is CA it is warm out but it is still a nice to have a warm meal. DH enjoyed this & said it was flavorful. We couldn't find new potatoes at the two stores in our area so we used baby dutch yellow potatoes. They were terrific and tiny so no need to cut up. Otherwise it was as written. The slow cooker I used has bottom and side elements and it cooked for 8 hours but wasn't completely tender. I think different slow cookers cook differently so watch it as it gets to the end. Thanks for sharing Sarabeth. Enjoy. ChefDLH
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Sarah.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man. He is a great Husband and Father.</p> <p>In March of 2011 we welcomed our daughter Evie into this world. She is everything and nothing I expected, and is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done with my life.</p> <p>I love to cook, and eat, and laugh, and drink and play.</p> <p>I have a wonderful life.</p> <p><em>There are things you do because they feel right, and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good. ~Brian Andreas, Story People~</em></p> <p><em> </em></p> <p><em>Get to know our family at www.itsavol.blogspot.com</em></p> <p><img src=http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/sarahbethevans/bfe23bac.jpg alt= width=477 height=639 /></p>