Tuscan Bean Soup
Simple yet so delicious! Great for cold winter nights, or when you want good food fast and affordably.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups canned light red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups canned great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 4 ounces conchiglette pasta (small shells)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- Place half the beans in the food processor with half the stock and puree until smooth.
- Pour into pot and boil on med high heat.
- Add remaining beans and the remaining stock.
- Boil again with the shell pasta for 15 mins or until pasta is soft, but still has a bite to it.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, pour olive oil and cook garlic until golden brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir into soup and add parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve with bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is quite easy to make, plus filling and satisfying. I added extra garlic and I needed to increase the broth to 1 cup (maybe a little more) because there wasn't enough liquid to boil the pasta. Even with the extra liquid, the texture was still nice and thick. I think I'll add tomatoes in this next time. They would go nicely with the beans and pasta. Thanx for sharing!