1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Chef #494084's Note:
Got this recipe from my grocery store, Wegmans. I haven't made this yet but the reviews at their site are out of this world!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken breast halves, Drums and Thighs, cut split breasts in half
- 4 tablespoons pan searing flour (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces bell peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces onions, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 24 ounces italian classics seasoned tomato sauce (Prepared Foods)
- salt and pepper
- 1Dust chicken with pan searing flour.
- 2Heat oil on MEDIUM in large braising pan; add chicken. Brown lightly on all sides, 8-10 minute Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Discard all but 1 Tbsp oil.
- 3Add garlic, mushrooms, peppers and onions to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 min, until vegetables soften slightly. Add wine; cook 1-2 minute Add Italian seasoning and tomato sauce; stir. Bring to simmer and remove from heat.
- 4Add sauce mixture carefully to slow cooker. Cover; cook 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-7 hours on LOW. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 748.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: