so simple , that you can your slow cooker do the work for you. If you, don't wantthis as spicy use 3/4 teaspoon chili powder.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 8 -10 warmed flour tortillas
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- Cut chicken into diagonal strips and place in slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place onion, and bell pepper on top of chicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, lime juice, and chicken broth, and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- When serving, spoon several slices of the chicken mixture with sauce into center of each warm tortilla and fold.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, or tomatoes, or plain.
Talk about easy to make and SO Low-Fat since you use no oil! I was able to be home while this cooked so I set it on high. I cooked the meat and spices on high for 2 hours, stirring every half hour. I did not use any broth at all. After 2 hours I added the onions and red, green and yellow peppers. Continuing to cook on high, it took less then two hours for the veggies to cook. I will use this recipe again, than you for posting. Made for Please Review My Recipe game 2010
Made for Potluck Tag. The flavor these were good, however, the chicken was a little watery. I liked the convenience of letting the crock pot do the work. Will make these again with less liquid the next time. Thanks for posting this WeekendCooker!
I made this with 2 large b/s chicken breasts and it was the perfect amount for DH and I (with lunch leftovers for DH). The chicken was tender, juicy and not too spicy. The onions and peppers on top of the chicken was perfect; they didn't cook in the juices and get all mushy. Served with diced tomatoes, sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese. Made for PRMR.