Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Modified version from Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker cook book. This was great and so much easier than in the oven.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place ½ the bread cubes in cooker.
- Sprinkle on raisins then cover with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over bread.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 ½ to 3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This was totally awesome. I did boost the cinnamon to about 1-1 1/2 teaspoons. And upped the raisins to 1 cup.
Awesome recipe, although I had to finish it in the oven. (Crockpot is too small, and I had too much. Sides were starting to burn but middle was still uncooked) This is perfect if you like eating bread pudding for breakfast with a tiny bit of maple syrup. Definetly a keeper, I loved this one !
This was not good at all. There was not enough custard to coat all of the bread, so it was very dry, and a lot of the bread on the bottom and sides burned. I will not be making this again.