4 hrs 30 mins
From www.cuisinerecipes.com website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 cup mascarpone or 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2Add ground sirloin and bulk sausage; cook until no longer pink.
- 3Using a fine-mesh sieve, drain fat; set beef and sausage aside.
- 4Mince onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in a food processor; transfer to a 4- to 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 5Add meat mixture, tomatoes, milk, wine, beef broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, salt, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and fennel seed to slow cooker.
- 6Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- 7Immediately before serving sauce, stir in mascarpone or cream cheese.
Browse Our Top 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Bolognese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 736.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: