Recipe by Lainey39
This is one of the most tender and flavorful roasts that I've ever made in the crock pot. I really think the key is cooking the roast all day long on low! That's how I do it when I have the time and the meat just falls apart. This recipe is adapted from Sandra Lee.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
My family absolutely loved this pot roast recipe! I cooked my roast for 8 hours on low and the meat was so tender and flavorful. I omitted the mushrooms and used cream of mushroom instead of cream of celery. The only other change I made was to use regular potatoes, peeled and quartered. This is probably the best crock pot recipe I've tried. Thank you!
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 226.79 g bag baby carrots
- 226.79 g package mushrooms, sliced
- 453.59 g tiny new potatoes, halved
- 1360.77-1587.57 g beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of celery soup
- 35.43 g packet onion soup mix
- 236.59 ml low sodium beef broth
- 59.14 ml steak sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a slow cooker, put the onions, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the oil.
- When it is nicely browned, put it in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- In small bowl, stir together the cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, beef broth and steak sauce.
- Pour over the top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Note: This can also be cooked for 3-4 hours on a high setting, but I don't think it comes out as tender.