Recipe by hanny1217
Very flavorful stew from the Prevention Flat Belly Diet.
Top Review by zaar junkie
Good stew! I made this even easier by just dumping everything except the salt & pepper in my crockpot and cooking on low for 8 hours. Prep was super quick and everything was done by the time I came home from work. I had to sub almond butter for the peanut butter as that was all I had, but it was tasty. My bf loved it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 24 pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Return the skillet to the heat and add the onion, garlic, chile pepper, and carrot. Cook for 1 minute, then transfer to the slow cooker. Stir in the sweet potato, broth, peanut butter, and tomato paste.
- 2. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours or until the chicken and vegetables are very tender. Season with salt and black pepper.