Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy to prepare.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Three Beans and Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- hot cooked rice
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Sprinkle with oregano and thyme if desired.
- Cover and simmer on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Serve with rice.
I was looking for an easy bean and sausage meal i could throw in the crockpot and this was it. great flavor.
This is very good, a great comfort food! I have been making this for some time and use 2 15 oz. cans of butter beans instead of the kidney beans. I usually add 1/4 cup golden brown sugar and somteimes add a large green pepper, thinly sliced. Thanks for posting.
This was terrific. Perfect comfort food. I've made this several times and it is now our regular halloween meal as it's easy to make and extremely satisfying. Great on a chilly night before trick or treating. Thanks Big Mike