Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Australian Gourmet Traveller.
Top Review by The Tiny Chef
This was great! My family loved it, especially my dad who really appreciates anchovies. I liked it because you couldn't taste all the saltiness after they were cooked with the onion and garlic. The fresh rosemary really brought this dish together. I really liked this side, even though I suffered a pretty deep cut while trying to cut the baguette in half!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 baguette
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add anchovies and rosemary. Stir to combine, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until onion and garlic are very soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Split baguette in half lengthways and cut widthways into 8cm (3 inch) pieces. Toast under grill until golden brown. Top with garlic and onion and serve.