Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls
photo by An_Net
- Ready In:
- 12 round rice paper, dipped in hot water for 20 seconds until soft and drained
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketjap manis
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄4 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 200 g vermicelli rice noodles, soaked in hot water 10 minutes drained
- For Sauce mix together all ingredients.
- For filling mix together all the vegetables.
- To assemble one at a time, dip rounds in water, lay some noodles, nuts and filling in bottom of paper. Drizzle some sauce over and fold up like a spring roll. Eat and enjoy.
- I often just put everything out and people make their own.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were gobbled up for lunch on a really hot day recently. I omitted the nuts (family allergy) and didn't have any kaffir lime leaves on hand. I prepared the recipe as directed otherwise. I found I'd used a little too much of the sauce to begin with but got it right after I'd made the first few. Will enjoy making these again and the possibilities for the filling is endless.