9 hrs 15 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
A rich, comforting, old family favorite
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, brown the stew meat in hot oil (do this in batches if necessary); drain well.
- 2Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper, and bay leaf to a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- 3Add in the stew meat.
- 4Pour the beef broth and sherry over meat/vegetables.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- 6Discard bay leaf.
- 7Increase to heat to HIGH; in a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, flour, and water until smooth.
- 8Stir one cup of hot liquid into the sour cream mixture.
- 9Return all to slow cooker; stir well.
- 10Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until thick and bubbly; adjust seasoning to taste.
- 11Serve meat, vegetables and sauce over hot cooked noodles.
- 12Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.4 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g