Cute little sandwiches for your little racers! Great addition to a Hot Wheels or Racing themed party (Menu #632).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 hot dog buns (not split)
- 24 slices cucumbers or 24 slices zucchini
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch matchstick-size strips
- 6 ripe olives
- 6 miniature pretzel twists
- 3 cheese slices, cut in half
- 1Hollow out roll leaving a nice size edge. Use toothpick to attach each cucumber slice to the side of the car for wheels. Pull out toothpick and push carrot strip through hole.
- 2Cut olives in half horizontally. Make two holes in one end of each bun to attach "headlights" with a toothpick. Stick carrot strips into olive hole and into the holes you made in the bun.
- 3Run onion and celery through food processor until minced. Add mixture to large pan with meat and sauté. Drain fat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until you reach the desired consistency.
- 4Place cheese in bottom of bun and spoon mixture on top.
- 5Press pretzel twist into the Sloppy Joe mixture, making "windshield" on each buggy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes Bun Buggy
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.0
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 956.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 23.1 g