Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Cute little sandwiches for your little racers! Great addition to a Hot Wheels or Racing themed party (Menu #632).
- 6 hot dog buns (not split)
- 24 slices cucumbers or 24 slices zucchini
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch matchstick-size strips
- 6 ripe olives
- 6 miniature pretzel twists
- 3 cheese slices, cut in half
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Hollow out roll leaving a nice size edge. Use toothpick to attach each cucumber slice to the side of the car for wheels. Pull out toothpick and push carrot strip through hole.
- Cut olives in half horizontally. Make two holes in one end of each bun to attach "headlights" with a toothpick. Stick carrot strips into olive hole and into the holes you made in the bun.
- Run onion and celery through food processor until minced. Add mixture to large pan with meat and sauté. Drain fat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place cheese in bottom of bun and spoon mixture on top.
- Press pretzel twist into the Sloppy Joe mixture, making "windshield" on each buggy.