Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy quick dish. You may add extra spice to your taste..
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup pork and beans (from can, drained)
- Brown ground beef and onion, green pepper and garlic in skillet. Cook and stir on medium heat till meat has no pink color left. Drain grease.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, mustard and Worcestershire, Tabasco and pork and beans into the meat mixture.
- Turn burner on high cook till bubbly, stirring off and on.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- For each serving put the bottom half of bun on plate, spoon mixture on top and top with cheese.
- Cover with top of bun and enjoy.
I liked this because it used ingredients I had on hand. Very easy. But I had to add a lot more spice than called for, and it still seemed to be missing something.