Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the recipe my husband and I came up with to suit our taste. Many recipes use ketchup and they were to sweet.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite chips.
This recipe is amazing. A great replacement to sloppy joe mix. I did add a dash of Worcester sauce, whi9ch gave great flavor.
Very, very good. I took the liberty of adding some granulated garlic and about 1/4 cup finely chopped celery to the beef and onions. This is a simple recipe with a lot of taste. It is not overpowering with spices, like the prepared or canned mixes and is not too sweet. It also gives you the option of adding a bit more sugar or vinegar to suit your taste. Economical, too - good recipe for a "starving student". As far as I am concerned it is a keeper. Thank you.
This is exactly how i make mine. Must be an Okie thing. Made this last night with some fried taters on the side.