Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
i saw racheal make these on 30 min. meals a couple of weeks ago. haven't tried them yet but wanted to post here so i don't lose the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken or 2 lbs turkey breast
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup hot sauce (recommended ( Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 good quality burger rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 large dill pickles, chopped
- Heat a large skillet with extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meat and break it up with wooden spoon, cook 5 to 6 minutes. Add in carrots, celery, onions and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook 7 to 8 minutes more. In a bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and stock. Pour into the pan and stir to combine. Simmer a few minutes more. Pile sloppy Buffalo filling onto buns and top with blue cheese and chopped pickles.
I'm a huge buffalo chicken fan and this recipe was great! I also added a diced jalepeno and closer to 2/3 c of red hot. (I wouldn't recommend most people to do this, I like it hot). I served it open faced on toasted kaiser rolls with blue cheese dressing. My husband thought it was tasty too and I will definitely make this again. If you like buffalo chicken and sloppy joes this is a great option. P.S. I had some leftovers, so the next day I use the extra joes to make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. I think I liked those even better, and I may skip the bun next time!
This recipe is so good! I would definitely serve it with the blue cheese and pickles or even some blue cheese dressing. It was kept warm in a crock pot. Love it!
Wonderful! I too saw Rachael make these and couldn't stop thinking about 'em - glad to see the recipe here. One important note for calorie counters like me (;)) - this recipe as written is for EIGHT servings, not FOUR - which changes the nutritional info drastically. These are really around 400 calories per serving. I made them even less by using whole wheat rolls and omitting the blue cheese. I did use a little of fat free ranch dressing and a tiny sliver of a laughing cow cheese wedge on my bread. I made the meat and sauce exactly as written here, and they are perfect. I used ground white turkey. I also think these would be great with low calorie shredded cheddar cheese mixed in at the end. I did that on my second batch and it worked great. Thanks so much for sharing - this is a great guiltless keeper!! :)