1/1 Photo of Slimming World - Chicken Pappardelle - All in One
This recipe is from the Slimming World recipe book 'All In One'. It's free on Extra Easy, 7.5 syns on Green and 15 syns on Red/Original. This is a typical Italian dish but without many herbs or spices. Therefore, it can be a bit bland. Usually I add a bit of chilli, cayenne/paprika and maybe some Tabasco to give it more of a kick! I also regularly substitute the rocket for spinach. As with practically any other pasta dish, the pasta in this recipe can be substituted to whatever you may like best or have handy! I serve with a simple bagged salad tossed with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar and maybe some Parmasan over the top. Remember to add your Healthy Extras/syns if adding these things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1 red onion, Peeled, Halved and Thinly Sliced
- 1 carrot, Peeled and Finely Diced
- 2 celery ribs, Finely Diced
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled and Crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, Cut Into 2cm Pieces
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 400 g plum tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 59.16 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 350 g pappardelle pasta
- 150 g rocket, Roughly Chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- salad leaves (optional)
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 14.79 ml olive oil (optional)
- 160 g parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Spray a saucepan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken and stir-fry over a medium-high heat until lightly coloured. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the stock and tomatoes.
- 3Cover the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have become very soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the parsley.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until tender al dente (tender but still retaining a bite). Drain well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- 5Stir the rocket into the sauce and season to taste.
- 6Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to combine thoroughly and serve immediately.
- 7(Optional) Toss a salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and sprinkle Parmasan Cheese over the top!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slimming World - Chicken Pappardelle - All in One
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 360.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 64.7 g