Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Family Circle.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cake flour (such as presto)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup trail mix, with banana chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In large bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Beat in egg, egg whites, splenda, brown sugar, and oil with bananas, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Transfer batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake to rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl, beat together light cream cheese, splenda, and butter until smooth. Refridgerate until ready to frost.
- Once cake has cooled, invert cake right side up onto stand or plate.
- Spread frosting only over top of cake and sprinkle with trail mix.
- Per serving - 198 calories, 7g fat, 1g fiber.