Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love Skyline chili over spaghetti, topped with cheddar cheese. After much experimentation, I came up with this version.
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 425.24 g tomato sauce
- 907.18 g beef stock
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground peppercorn
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml red pepper (cayenne)
- 2.46 ml seasoned pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 - simmer oil, onion and minced garlic in dutch oven until softened, approx 5 minutes after oil is sizzling.
- 2 - add beef stock and ground beef, break up beef & onion with a wisk into fine texture, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 3 - add all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 2 hours. stir frequently.
- 2-way: serve over spaghetti.
- 3-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese.
- 4-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese and onion.
- 5-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese, onion, and beans.
- note: this chili tastes even better after refrigerating overnight.