Recipe by Maureenie
This is from Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet, 1984. If you serve this at a party, everyone must have some, or some of your guests may be offended! Can use as a sauce for fried calamari or as a spread for crudite, torn pita bread, or crackers. Not for the faint of heart!
Top Review by kzbhansen
This was really good and creamy. I made this as a dipping sauce for my New Years eve Fondue sauce. We dipped beef, chicken, and vegies in this. I think that the Lemon juice was over powering and next time I make it will start off with MUCH less then what the recipe calls for. This is a STRONG Garlic sauce that I LOVE other then thelemon. I will make again but with the above adjustments. THanks for sharing!!!
- 1 head garlic
- 10 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and crush garlic.
- Place bread in a mixing bowl with garlic, oil, and vinegar.
- Let soften for one hour.
- Place mixture in a food processor and pulse til smooth.
- Add lemon juice and slowly add the water while the processor is running, so that you have a thick and fluffy sauce.
- Serve immediately.