Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Scrambled Eggs with fresh tomatoes and peppers from Skopelos Island in Greece. Recipe posted for Zaar World Tour II. Found at Skopelos Net
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh green peppers, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
- Gently cook tomatoes in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a fork and put aside.
- When half of the liquid evaporates from the tomatoes add pepper, salt, black pepper and sugar. Stir and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add basil.
- When all of the liquid evaporates, pour olive oil and beaten eggs evenly all over the tomato mixture, while stirring gently.
- Cook slowly for a few minutes until the eggs are cooked but not too solid.
- Serve with toasted slices of bread.
I loved these eggs and everyone who I cook them for wants to know how to make this great egg dish...thanks so much...my girl friend just loves this recipe.
This reminded me alot of the mexican style scrambled eggs I make often. I did find that 5 Tablespoons was alot of oil for 4 eggs. One could get by with alot less I think. Thanks Cheryl!
WE wanted a light supper and this was so good.Will make it again.