Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Scrambled Eggs with fresh tomatoes and peppers from Skopelos Island in Greece. Recipe posted for Zaar World Tour II. Found at Skopelos Net
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh green peppers, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently cook tomatoes in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a fork and put aside.
- When half of the liquid evaporates from the tomatoes add pepper, salt, black pepper and sugar. Stir and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add basil.
- When all of the liquid evaporates, pour olive oil and beaten eggs evenly all over the tomato mixture, while stirring gently.
- Cook slowly for a few minutes until the eggs are cooked but not too solid.
- Serve with toasted slices of bread.