Italian Mozzarella Chicken W/Tomatoes & Artichokes
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 13 3⁄4 ounces artichoke hearts, drained well & chopped (not marinated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, garlic and artichoke hearts in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and then add the sugar, S&P and flour. Mix well. Butter a 13x9 glass baking dish and add chicken breasts; season with additional S&P; then add the tomato mixture around the chicken breasts.
- Bake chicken for about 50 minutes or until almost done. Remove from oven and add the shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve over a bed of pasta, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.