Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From bettycrocker.com they credited it to eatbetteramerica.com I found it while looking for low calorie high taste substitutes for my creamy calorie and fat laden favorites. I eat this a lot during training for a marathon b/c it is high in carbs and protein but low in fat! Perfect for all you runners out there! Great for everyone commited to an overall lifestyle change! 2 hours cooktime is chill time. Also, Sometimes I use turkey lunch meat (smoked, highest in protein lowest in fat I can find) instead of cutting up an actual breast.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box whole wheat pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut small
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise (I like Kraft Free)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta as directed on package omitting salt and adding broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
- In large bowl, mix pasta, broccoli and the next five ingredients.
- For dressing, in a medium bowl, beat the remaining ingredients, except the almonds) with wire whisk until smooth. Add to pasta mixture; toss to mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Before serving, stir in almonds.
This is great! Made as directed for my Office Cube Salads theme for My Three Chefs event. Thanks, SaraBeth! I will be making this a lot!