1/1 Photo of Skinny Bride's Guide to Pasta Salad
2 hrs 45 mins
From bettycrocker.com they credited it to eatbetteramerica.com I found it while looking for low calorie high taste substitutes for my creamy calorie and fat laden favorites. I eat this a lot during training for a marathon b/c it is high in carbs and protein but low in fat! Perfect for all you runners out there! Great for everyone commited to an overall lifestyle change! 2 hours cooktime is chill time. Also, Sometimes I use turkey lunch meat (smoked, highest in protein lowest in fat I can find) instead of cutting up an actual breast.
My Private Note
bowl pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box whole wheat pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut small
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise (I like Kraft Free)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted
- 1Cook pasta as directed on package omitting salt and adding broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
- 2In large bowl, mix pasta, broccoli and the next five ingredients.
- 3For dressing, in a medium bowl, beat the remaining ingredients, except the almonds) with wire whisk until smooth. Add to pasta mixture; toss to mix well.
- 4Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- 5Before serving, stir in almonds.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skinny Bride's Guide to Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 404.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked turkey breast
white wine vinegar