Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great change on skillet potatoes that is great with breakfast or dinner!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes
- 9.85 ml smoked paprika
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh black pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml sage (alt. a small handful fresh sage or thyme herbs minced)
- 1.23 ml thyme (alt. a small handful fresh sage or thyme herbs minced)
- Wash the sweet potatoes - don't peel. Cut into a fine, 1/2" dice. Add potatoes into baggy or Tupperware and toss with olive oil to coat; then add paprika, salt, black pepper and toss until well coated.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and oil. (Omit the butter to keep these vegan; it won't affect the recipe much.) Add potatoes to pan and let cook without stirring for about three minutes, then stir and turn them over.
- Add the garlic, and let cook for another 5-10 minutes - until they are tender and seared.
- Just as they get tender stir in the herbs and cook just until wilted and fragrant.