Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think this is my husband's most requested steak supper. And it's ok with me, because it is so easy to do, and tastes super!
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 4 pieces.
- Heat lg skillet; brown steaks in oil for 5 minutes a side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve steak with sauce spooned over.
Another happy chef....... The flavour is great although I do have to admit to leaving out the thyme and adding a slurp of cream to the sauce. Will be making this again and again. Thanks Inez for a great simple keeper. :)
So easy to make and with such wonderful flavours. I used 3 pieces of rump steak and left the sauce amounts as stated in recipe. Will make this again, the savoury sauce is delicious.
Absolutely delicious!!! Steak was tender and flavorful, DH loved it. A definite make again.