Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moist and tender with a great sauce.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ginger
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Brown chops in oil.
- Add onion, cook until tender.
- Add broth, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove chops, keep warm.
- Stir in jelly and ginger.
- Mix cornstarch with water, add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Serve over the chops.
I cook early and keep things hot with my crockpot. I Browned the Pork Chops with Garlic Pam. Put the pork chops in the bottom of it and added everything but the cornstarch and water. Which I did when we were ready to eat. I think it had just the right amout of sweetness. Great flavor.This is a keeper to make over and over. Thank You
This has to be the best sauce I've ever had on pork chops. It's slightly sweet and not overly spicy. I recommend a side dish that doesn't use the sauce from the pork chops because there's not enough to go around.
Grape jelly?! I thought I'd give it a try and the guys LOVED it. Had to hide the fact that I used grape jelly in the gravy till after they tried it cause I'm sure they wouldn't have tasted it otherwise.