Barbecue Skillet Pork Chops
photo by sbera007
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- cooked egg noodles or prepared mashed potatoes
- In large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Sprinkle celery, onion, brown sugar, lemon juice, and seasonings evenly over chops.
- Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 1 hour, or until chops are tender, occasionally turning chops in pan.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You are so right, Manda - the sauce is DIVINE! I plan to make up a batch by itself and freeze for use in other recipes and on the grill. And the chops turned out very juicy and tender. Instead of noodles or mashed potatoes, I served the chops and sauce with red beans and rice (1 box of Zatarain's - makes up in the microwave in 25 mins). The sauce ran over into the red beans & rice and it was sooooo YUMMY! I've definitely added this one to my cookbook.
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single gal, living on my own; currently working as an Occupational Therapist & living in Cumberland, MD. (It is "God's Country" out here...beautiful!) I LOVE to cook and bake, and love anything that looks, tastes, smells, or even closely resembles a veggie. I LOVE moo-cows, and therefore, cannot bring myself to eat any part of the adorable critters (i.e. NO RED MEAT!!) I love the outdoors, and pride myself on being the master griller on the fire pit. My mother's side of the family is 100% Polish, so I have an inborn passion for cooking...unfortunately, along with that comes a love of eating, too!! But, hey..u only live once, so I say "EAT, DRINK, and BE MERRY!!!"