Recipe by GenYChef
I work long hours so I'm always looking for a good meal I can freeze and take to work as I need it. This meal works great and the best part? It's healthy too.
Top Review by cause4chubbyhubby
It always amazes me when a dish with super basic ingredients can taste so incredible! I only used one breast, and I substituted baby lima beans for the corn but everything else stayed the same. I only buy dried black beans which I precook and then freeze, so I thawed out the beans by steaming them. I then used that water to cook the brown rice...a nice little trick to add more flavor. Truly an exceptional dish that will most definitely be made again!!
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups precooked brown rice, preheated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken breasts at an angle to make 1/2-3/4 inch thick slices.
- Preaheat olive oil on skillet to medium high.
- Just as the olive oil starts to 'smoke' reduce heat to medium and add the garlic.
- Quickly stir until the garlic is just aromatic (15-20 seconds) and add chicken.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and slightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp water to the skillet and scrap until the drippings are glazed.
- In the same skillet combine the black beans, corn, and salsa and heat on low/medium-low until warm.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of rice with the black beans & salsa mix on the side.